DECEIVE PROOF YOUR MIND
We are living in the time that the apostle Paul told Timothy would come in the future.
1Ti 4:1 Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons,
Deceiving spirits are rampant in the world today. They are masters at counterfeiting spirituality. They want Christians to trust in their doctrines and not trust in the doctrines of Christ for their spirituality.
Christians must learn that Satan is very crafty and that just because the so called spiritual program that they are using is working does not mean that it pleases God or that the programs power source is from God.
2Co 11:1 Oh, that you would bear with me in a little folly—and indeed you do bear with me.
2Co 11:2 For I am jealous for you with godly jealousy. For I have betrothed you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.
2Co 11:3 But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
2Co 11:13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ.
2Co 11:14 And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light.
2Co 11:15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works.
Exo 7:9 “When Pharaoh speaks to you, saying, ‘Show a miracle for yourselves,’ then you shall say to Aaron, ‘Take your rod and cast it before Pharaoh, and let it become a serpent.’
“Exo 7:10 So Moses and Aaron went in to Pharaoh, and they did so, just as the LORD commanded. And Aaron cast down his rod before Pharaoh and before his servants, and it became a serpent.
Exo 7:11 But Pharaoh also called the wise men and the sorcerers; so the magicians of Egypt, they also did in like manner with their enchantments.
Exo 7:12 For every man threw down his rod, and they became serpents. But Aaron’s rod swallowed up their rods.
Col 2:8 Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ.
Today too many Christians are seeking for answers to their problems outside of the Word of God alone because they have not been taught the doctrinal foundation for true spirituality and the true source for the answer to all their problems.
Purpose: To learn from Scripture alone that counterfeit spirituality focuses on man and his problems and a Christ-less way to overcome his problems. And that true spirituality focuses on the Person of Christ, His cross/work and the Spirit of Christ through the Word of God alone as the means to solve all of a Christians problems.
- Many Christians are hurting because of their sinful habits i.e. pride, anger, drunkenness, drug addition, sexual immorality, worry, lying, greed, etc. However, they are turning to the wrong source for help. They are seeking extra biblical means as the cure from the bondage of their sinful lives. Many Christians have turned to A.A. Alcoholics Anonymous , NLP, Neuro-linguistic Programming, and also an integrated approach, the Bible plus secular techniques, to help them overcome their sinful problems. By turning to these counterfeit programs they are unwittingly playing into Satan’s hand and proclaiming to the world that God’s Word alone is not sufficient to handle all their problems.
Deu 4:2 You shall not add to the word which I command you, nor take from it, that you may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.
Deu 12:32 “Whatever I command you, be careful to observe it; you shall not add to it nor take away from it.
Pro 30:5 Every word of God is pure; He is a shield to those who put their trust in Him.
Pro 30:6 Do not add to His words, Lest He rebuke you, and you be found a liar.
2Ti 3:16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and isprofitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,
2Ti 3:17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.
2Pe 1:3 as His divine power has given to us all things thatpertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue,
2Pe 1:4 by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
2Co 3:5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God, ( the God of Scripture not the god of AA or NLP)
2. Any pagan method for handling your problems apart from the Word of God alone dishonors God’s Scriptural system for true spirituality and creates pride in the heart of the Christian. When a Christian begins to overcome his problems through Satan’s programs he is strengthened in his sinful nature i.e. flesh exalting and he distrust God’s Word as his sole sufficiency. In addition, he becomes an example of Satan’s power and not God’s power. These people that are devotees of Satan’s programs are called carnal Christians.
Col 2:23 These things indeed have an appearance of wisdom in self-imposed religion, false humility, and neglect of the body, but are of no value against the indulgence of the flesh.
Rom 8:5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.
Rom 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be.
Rom 8:8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
Co 3:1 And I, brethren, could not speak to you as to spiritual people but as to carnal, as to babes in Christ.
1Co 3:2 I fed you with milk and not with solid food; for until now you were not able to receive it, and even now you are still not able;
1Co 3:3 for you are still carnal
12 Steps to Destruction: Codependency Recovery Heresies
- The Word of God does not draw the mind of a Christian to himself and his problem as the means to overcome his problems. However, the Word of God directs Christians away from themselves to the Person and work of Christ i.e. what Christ has done for them( substitutionary truth and identification truth) i.e. their new life in Christ and the Spirit of Christ through the Scriptures alone( the whole counsel of God) as the means to overcome all of their problems. Problem-centered vs. Christ-centered counseling-
2Co 3:18 But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.
Col 2:10 and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power.
Joh 15:4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.
Gal 5:16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
2Co 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.
Col 3:1 If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above,where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God.
Col 3:2 Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth. Col 3:3 Foryou died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.
Col 3:4 When Christ who is our life appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory.
Col 2:3 in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.
Gal 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
Rom 13:14 But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to fulfill its lusts.
Gal 3:27 For as many of you as were baptized into Christ haveput on Christ.
Col 1:27 To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.
4. God’s way is to bring us to an utter bankruptcy in our ability to handle our sin nature to prepare us for our new walk of belief in what Christ has done for us at the cross with reference to our sinful nature.
Rom 7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find.
Rom 7:19 For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice.
Rom 7:20 Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.
Rom 7:24 O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?
Rom 7:25 I thank God—through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.
Col 2:6 As you therefore have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him,
The Christian life is not a difficult life it is an impossible life. Christianity is not an advanced course in self-help. It is meant to be lived by supernatural means i.e. the filling of the Spirit. In this manner God gets all the glory. The Christian is not his justifier or his sanctifier. God alone justifies and sanctifies.
5. The Lord did not remove, redeem, reform, or regenerate our sin natures. The Lord Jesus Christ rendered our sin natures inoperative by His cross/work in order that we could walk in newness of life through the power of the Holy Spirit and not walk in the kingdom of darkness and deception.
Rom 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound?
Rom 6:2 Certainly not! How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it?
Rom 6:3 Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death?
Rom 6:4 Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
- So many Christians are exhorted to not sin however, there is no doctrinal foundation to enable them to fulfill that exhortation. This misguided approach to living the Christian life is called the error of the “imperative” without the “indicative.” Dr. Bobgan states, “The indicative and the imperative are two different kinds of sentences. The indicative is a statement of fact, while the imperative is a command. In the context of personal ministry, the indicative gives the foundational truths which must come first; the imperative tells believers what to do. Paul was very careful to instruct believers in the doctrines of the faith (indicative) before telling them about how the faith was to be worked out in their lives.”
The Wrong Way of Biblical Counseling versus the Right Way of Biblical Ministry—www.psychoheresy-aware.org>
Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which isyour reasonable service.
Eph 4:1 I, therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you to walk worthy of the calling with which you were called,
- The bottom line for a Christian to truly learn how to be an example of true spirituality is to understand God’s sovereignty over his Christian life. We must pray, “ God cause me to walk in the Spirit, and to understand moment by moment that Christ is my life. God cause me to seek your kingdom and righteousness first above all things. God cause me to hate my sin and to obey your commands. God cause me to believe that I am dead to my sin nature through the finished work of Christ. And to believe that I am alive to You through the resurrection of Christ.
Psa 119:80 Let my heart be blameless regarding Your statutes, That I may not be ashamed.
Psa 143:8 Cause me to hear Your lovingkindness in the morning, For in You do I trust; Cause me to know the way in which I should walk, For I lift up my soul to You.
Psa 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God, And renew a steadfast spirit within me.
Psa 51:12 Restore to me the joy of Your salvation, And uphold me by Your generous Spirit.
Psa 51:15 O Lord, open my lips, And my mouth shall show forth Your praise.
Php 2:13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do forHis good pleasure.
Php 1:6 being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;
1Th 5:24 He who calls you is faithful, who also will do it.
Psa 65:4 Blessed is the man You choose, And cause to approachYou, That he may dwell in Your courts.
Eph 2:10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.
Let us not be deceived by any counterfeit spirituality but let our lives be an example of Christ life to the glory of God the Father.
2Co 4:6 For it is the God who commanded light to shine out of darkness, who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
2Co 4:7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us.
2Co 4:8 We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;
2Co 4:9 persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed—
2Co 4:10 always carrying about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body.
2Co 4:11 For we who live are always delivered to death for Jesus’ sake, that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our mortal flesh.
Psa 141:5 Let the righteous strike me; It shall be a kindness. And let him rebuke me; It shall be as excellent oil; Let my head not refuse it.
Pro 9:8 Do not correct a scoffer, lest he hate you; Rebuke a wiseman, and he will love you.